Friday, July 29, 2011

Back and Settling In

As most of you know, we returned to our homes on Monday July 25th. While we were excited to return, the letdown from the vacation begun almost immediately! Just like after my wedding, reception and honeymoon - I stood back and said "that's it, it's over?" And just like then, I get to remind myself that it has only just started.
I now have a million memories to file through and enjoy whenever I want to. I have visual memories of sites I visited, tastes from phenomenal restaurants, sounds from country and city, and layers and layers of memories from the states and parks we went to.
At work, I have been asked what my favorite thing was. How on earth could I ever pick just one from a list a mile long of new favorites? I can say that I thought I would like the Grand Canyon, but in fact was totally mesmerized by its beauty. The vastness of the canyon and the colors of each layer were amazing. I was surprised by how much we enjoyed the Grand Canyon. My favorite park may have been Bryce Canyon. Our perspective of seeing it from the top, the way down and from the bottom gave me an idea of how nature has worked to create these wonders. I really loved San Francisco too. But not enough to move there. Las Vegas - so/so. I can say I was there and don't need to go back.
I will continue to post up some of the pictures I haven't gotten to yet. The rest of San Francisco, Yosemite and Las Vegas (there are not many there).
I do want to thank our followers who sent us messages, enjoying the blog. I have loved doing this, and look forward to finding a reason to do another blog! Check in every once in a while and you may find a little post or set of pictures originally overlooked!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back! Thanks for taking the time to write about all your adventures Michelle- i've enjoyed following along!

    ReplyDelete