Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Less Than One Month

Since we fly out of Manchester on June 23, it is now officially less than one month till we go on our trip! I have spent a great deal of Dave's money on clothes, for the kids and myself. But I think we are just about all set.
If anyone reading this has an idea of one thing we couldn't do without on this trip - comment on it. I have never been camping for more than a weekend, so while I am enthusiastic and feeling prepared, I know that I am missing something. So, if I could only bring one more thing, what should it be? What couldn't we live without?
We start out at the Grand Canyon, once we Las Vegas of course. We are camping on the North Rim, and I cannot wait to see the majestic views and spectacular sunsets.
I think we are going to go on a mule ride, but looks like it will be a shorted ride (1 hours) since the kids may not be able to tolerate a 4 hour ride. To be honest, not sure the adults could tolerate a 4 hour ride!
Anyone know about the drinking water out there at the campsites and national parks? Wonder if we will be buying lots of water, or if it is palatable?
Well, we are spending our long Memorial Day weekend packing up all our gear to see if it will all fit in the allowed amount of luggage. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment