Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day has come and gone

Yesterday (Memorial Day) was a beautiful day, spent remembering those who have fought, and died for, our wonderful country. No year has it been more poignant to me than this year. Going to visit parts of our nation where I have never been, seeing sights that are worth saving. These national treasures, as well as our many personal freedoms, are what men and women have died trying to protect. For these I am grateful.
We are nearing our final countdown now. With 24 days until we depart, we have done the bulk of our campsite packing. I know we will forget a few things, and will need a Target or Walmart run when we get to Vegas - but we have packed up all things relating to sleeping and eating. Now it is just personal hygiene, clothing and the fun stuff left to cram into 4 bags/suitcases.
I think we may be leaving some items behind, like my extra 4 pair of shoes that I won't need and that won't fit into my bag!!

No comments:

Post a Comment