Friday, June 3, 2011

Fish- Check, Dog - Check, Hamster - Check

Well one of the tougher things to do while I prepare my family for this long awaited traverse around our country is finding the folks who can care for our menagerie of pets. I have each pet going to a loving home for the duration. And I learned in the meantime, that my step-mom loves hamsters! Who knew? And, my dad - not so much. It will be interesting to see how the little creature does with two big golden retrievers running around. They will also be watching Skipper, the beta fish. He's easy. Keep water in a bowl, throw in some fish flakes - good to go. Just hoping not to hear about any toilet side funerals!
Fortunately, a good friend, and fabulous babysitter is coming twice everyday to feed Partner and let him in and out. He's our biggest concern because he is a pretty social animal and needs to see people everyday. With T. coming at least twice everyday and my dad once/twice a week - he'll be fine!
I think that about covers the pet situation. Now, onto the next thing. Getting the AAA TripTik's.

No comments:

Post a Comment