Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Are You Ready? Are You Excited?

I have been asked by many colleagues and family members if I am ready for this trip?  Am I excited?  Heck, yes!  To both.  The Szabo and Tewksbury families have been planning this expedition for over two years, and as it came together stage by stage, our anticipation grew.  But it was still "out there,"  in the future - not really very real.  NOW it is real!  Today is my final day at work - if you can call what I am able to accomplish work.  I am getting through the tasks at hand, with grace and finesse and some humor.  My heart though, is packed between bathing suits, travel maps and hiking shoes!

I feel completely prepared, and disastrously under-prepared as we finalize and load up the car for the drive to New Hampshire tomorrow morning.  I have not over-packed (at least not in the normal sense), as we each have enough clothes for a week between laundromats. My biggest concern was making certain we had enough clean underwear and dry socks for hiking!  It has been a bit of a challenge to plan enough in advance for all possible weather conditions.  It is supposed to be 104 in Las Vegas on Thursday when we arrive, then down to the 40's at night at the Grand Canyon.  Yellowstone is still wet and cool, so what to pack?  We have it all, minus winter hats and gear.  Worst case scenario?  We find a motel and hole up there overnight!

We are all very excited, and I expect my next post will be from the airport! Yes, to all my friends - I am so excited that I can hardly sit still and wait any longer!  Not that I'm counting, but in 41 hours I will be taking off to the wild west.  Bon Voyage!

No comments:

Post a Comment