Monday, May 2, 2011

Tent works

We took out our new tent (Coleman Insta-Tent) and practiced setting it up. The company stated it can be set up in 60 seconds, and it looked relatively easy. Surprisingly enough, it did take only a few minutes to set it up once we figured out all the steps (we had missed one, and the tent was floppy). While I don't think we could master a 60 second time limit, we certainly had it from the ground up in about 3 minutes. It is great, tall in the center (6 1/2 feet) and sleeps 10. Well, it will sleep the four Szabo's very comfortably. Even better, it fits within the bag limits for Southwest when we fly! I don't have to pay extra for it.
I also pulled out the cot. Yes, I know. We are tent camping and I am bringing a cot! I am not spending all those nights on the hard ground. It too stated easy set up, sturdy construction. It took less than 20 seconds to set the bed up. All I need is a pillow and sleeping bag and I am good to go.
Carissa really liked the cot, so much she wants me to put it in her room so she can sleep on it!
We are really getting close now that we are past the first of May. Only a month and a half till we jet out and set out on our adventures!
If you come to my site, please become a follower to this page! That way I can know who is reading my attempt at a blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment